Computashack Privacy Notice
Your privacy is important to us and we want you to be confident in the way we use and store data about you. This notice applies to all personal information we may hold about you and your business.
Your data is being collected by Computashack, Venture Wales Building, Depot Road, Aberdare, Mid Glamorgan, CF44 8DL.
We only use the information we collect lawfully, for our own business purposes, and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation effective 25 May 2018 (“GDPR”).
What data do we collect?
The type of information we collect includes:
- Information you supply about yourself and your business when opening an account with us, for example name, address, email address, telephone numbers, VAT Registration number
- Information you may supply to us when placing an order so that we may fulfil this order. In the event that you require us to make a delivery direct to your own customer then we also need to record your own customer’s name and address
- Your payment card details in the event you ask us to store this information when paying for an order
- All telephone conversations with our staff are recorded
- In future we may develop more advanced features to our website to allow us to collect further data about you and your business activities. Should this be the case then this Privacy Notice will be updated to inform you of those changes
Why do we collect and hold this data?
We use this data for a number of reasons, such as:
- Verifying you as a customer to detect and prevent fraud
- Confirming and completing your order, and keeping you informed of anything that may affect your expected delivery
- To comply with other legal and regulatory obligations, for example evidencing shipment of goods to another EU member country
- Knowing which of our products you are buying or interested in so we are able to keep you informed about relevant new products, services, trade news and relevant events
- To enable us to maintain high levels of customer service and deal with any returns as efficiently as possible
- Telephone calls are recorded and monitored to help train our staff and provide you with a better level of service
How do we maintain this data and keep it safe
Your personal information is very important to us and we protect it as if it was our own.
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Access to the information you have provided will be limited to authorised employees as required for the purposes noted in previous sections of this Privacy Notice, as well as IT security and maintenance.
We strive to keep the information we hold about you as accurate and up to date as possible.
Will it be shared with third parties?
We will sometimes need to share information with third parties to perform services and/or supply goods on our behalf. For example, providing your delivery address details to our courier, or to one of our suppliers in the event that we do not hold the goods you have ordered.
If we are assisting you with a warranty claim for goods you have purchased from us, we may need to pass your details to the manufacturer or a repair centre handling warranty claims on behalf of the manufacturer.
Any information you supply to us in relation to a credit limit application may be disclosed to a credit reference agency.
Any such third parties we share your information with will have previously confirmed to us that they are committed to GDPR compliance.
How long will we store your data for?
If we have collected data in relation to an order/ transaction, then we will store the relevant data as part of our business records for the required period of time prescribed by law, for example VAT records.
Recordings of telephone calls are kept for a maximum of two years.
Personal data held solely for marketing purposes which has been processed with your consent or by legitimate basis will continue to be stored so long as we expect to inform you about relevant new products, services, trade news and future relevant events. Should you withdraw your consent to receive such marketing communications (i.e. unsubscribe) then we will only hold basic elements of your data in order that we can identify you and your right not to receive such communications.
What rights do you have regarding the data we hold?
You have the right to request and see what information we have stored about you.
You also have the right to request that we delete any personal data we hold that is not related to a business transaction or we are required to hold for legal reasons.
What can you do if your data is incorrect, wish to change it, or think it is not being used properly?
Please note that to protect your privacy and security, we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before making corrections.
If you wish to change your marketing preferences or unsubscribe at any time then please follow the manage preferences link in any marketing email sent to you and this will allow you to amend your options or simply unsubscribe. Alternatively, if you are a customer, you can log into your account on our website, select the manage preferences option, and update your preferences accordingly.
Our review of this Privacy notice
We keep this Privacy Notice and related privacy policies under regular review.
This Privacy Notice was last updated May 2018.